In view of the constant and growing challenges faced by the Health Sector in Portugal, it is imperative to improve the quality of care provided to patients/users. The implementation of Quality Management Systems in Healthcare Units, as a strategic objective, is essential for the improvement of processes and contributes to greater efficiency in the use of resources.
Knowing the needs and expectations of all parties involved (management bodies, health professionals, patients/users and society, among others) and providing a service in a systematic and consistent way that meets them, is a fundamental pillar in the management of health units. We consider that the acquisition, development and improvement of skills in the field of Quality Management Systems are essential for all Healthcare professionals.
This Post-Graduation course aims to provide participants with technical and scientific training, in a multidisciplinary context and with an integrated vision, in the area of quality management in health. Thus, it is intended that at the end of this course the participants are qualified to:
- Respond to the needs of health units in terms of quality management;
- Identify the requirements applied to health organizations and apply management tools in the planning of activities;
- Interpret the NP EN ISO 9001 quality management standard and its integration with other management systems;
- Recognize the general principles of quality audits and participate in internal quality audits;
- Promote research in this area.
- For the implementation and development of this postgraduate training, a partnership was established between APCER and the Institute of Health Sciences - Porto of the Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
Synchronous participation sessions at a distance, with the possibility of face-to-face assistance.
Access to Internal Quality Auditors Certification.
Post-Graduation in Quality Management in Health, with specialization in:
- Clinical Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical Services
- Health Centers
- Emergency Services
- Hospitalization Units
- Facilities and Equipment Services
Participation in the sessions
All students will have the opportunity to participate in online classes, synchronously, with the exception of Module 4 “Application of quality management and practical cases and auditing”, which will have to be attended in person.
Exams must be carried out in person. In any case, the guidelines of health authorities related to safety and prevention of contagion will be complied with during the COVID-19 pandemic or other circumstances.
Course promoted in partnership with APCER.
The conclusion of the course allows access to the Internal Quality Auditor Certificate, if all conditions of professional experience required by APCER are met.
It is possible to enroll in isolated curricular units, to be effected by the initial payment of their total amount. Includes evaluation and attendance certificate. Isolated units with success may be credited in the attendance of the later edition of the course.